| Thissa one big mess!
This article is marked as requiring cleanup to a higher standard of quality. You can help The Clone Wars by adding and/or cleaning up and reformatting this page.
- "Great leaders inspire greatness in others."
- ―Jedi Fortune Cookie
"Ambush" is the first episode of the first season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. It is the first episode of the series overall. It was released in tandem with "Rising Malevolence" on October 3, 2008 on Cartoon Network.
Jedi Master Yoda and three clone troopers must face off against Count Dooku's dreaded assassin Ventress and her massive droid army to prove the Jedi are strong enough to protect a strategic planet and forge a treaty for the Republic.
With Asajj Ventress trying to prove the CIS's power to the Toydarian King, Yoda and the three Clones must get to the King while battling a large number of Droids. Yoda and Ventress make a deal: if Yoda escapes, Katuunko would join the Republic, but if Ventress's forces defeated Yoda and his clones, then the Toydarians would join the Separatist cause.
Yoda and the three clones, Rys, Jek, and, Thire, had to get on Rugosa in a escape pod. Ventress, who has already introduced herself to Katuunko, challenged Yoda and his men to take on her droid forces. Who ever was victorious won Toydaria's alliance. Yoda accepted her challenge, so she sent out her cruel forces to Yoda.
She sent in patrols of Battle Droids and AAT tanks. Yoda and the clones were ready for anything! The AAT tanks couldn't fit through the forests of Rugosa since the tanks were to big. The battle droids had to go on foot through the forests of corral and find the Republic themselves.
Yoda and the clones easily took down the droids using clever tactics. Ventress heard about this outbreak and was no pleased. She sent in her tougher forces. With the stronger units, Thire got injured, and the droids were begining to pin down the Republic. However, Yoda saved them and they hid in a cave where they rested.
In the cave, Yoda gave a inspirational speech about the larger weapons but if your larger in mind.
Ventress was very annoyed at Yoda and the clones progess. She sent in four AATs and many Battle Droids.
Yoda decided that he would take on the droids himself. He fought againsit the worthless beings and destoryed all tanks! Destoryers also were no problem thanks to a great aimed shot by Thire on some bolders.
Ventress's forces were outmatched. King Katuunko remarked that he would be joining the Republic since the deal was over. Ventress was then ordered to kill Katuunko! Yoda stopped Ventress from killing the king but she got away in the process. After these events, Toydaraia remained netrual.
Created and Executive Produced by
Original Star Wars Themes and Score by
- 224 (First appearance)
- Padmé Amidala (Appears in flashback(s))
- Cody (Appears in flashback(s))
- Denal (Appears in flashback(s))
- Dooku (Appears in hologram)
- Onaconda Farr (Appears in flashback(s))
- Obi-Wan Kenobi (Appears in flashback(s)) (Appears in hologram)
- OOM command battle droid (Rugosa) (First appearance)
- Palpatine (Appears in flashback(s))
- Silood (Appears in flashback(s))
- Jabba the Hutt (Appears in flashback(s))
- Unidentified clone trooper pilot (Appears in flashback(s))
- Asajj Ventress
- Mace Windu (Appears in flashback(s)) (Appears in hologram)
- Zak (First appearance)
- Coruscant (Appears in flashback(s))
- Rugosa (First appearance)
- Tatooine (Appears in flashback(s))
- Teth (Appears in flashback(s))
- Toydaria (Mentioned only)
- Originally, "Ambush" was not to be aired as the first episode. The decision to air it first was not made until very close to the series premiere. It was also originally titled "Ambush in the Outer Rim".
- The little creature that perches on Yoda's finger on Rugosa is a baby neebray.