|Airdate:||October 3, 2008|
- "Belief is not a matter of choice, but of conviction."
Rising Malevolence is the second episode to air of the television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars. It aired along with Ambush on the series' premiere on October 3, 2008. It is also the first part of the Malevolence Saga.
Jedi Master Plo Koon locates a new Separatist warship in the Abregado System and commands his Republic fleet to attack it, after contacting Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano. Unaware of the power this ship possesses, Plo Koon's fleet is quickly taken down, with most of the crew dead or helpless inside of an Escape Pod.
General Grievous, who is commanding the new CIS flagship known as the Malevolence, gives the order to kill any remaining Republic forces. With Plo Koon and several Clones inside of an escape pod, they wait hopeful for a rescue while Anakin and Ahsoka search for them.
- Boost (First appearance)
- Cody (DVD extended version)
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Plo Koon
- Rex (DVD extended version) (Appears in hologram)
- Sinker (First appearance)
- Anakin Skywalker
- Ahsoka Tano
- Mace Windu (Appears in hologram)
- Wolffe (First appearance)
- Yoda (Appears in hologram)
- Wullf Yularen
- Commander Wolffe's clone troopers have stylized wolf muzzles painted on their helmets.
- The entry hatchways to the escape pods aboard the Triumphant have the Republic "cog" logo on it.
- Booster and Sinker's attempt to restart the escape pod's power grid uses dialogue directly lifted from The Empire Strikes Back when Han Solo and Chewbacca are trying to fix the Millennium Falcon.
- The second escape pod, Pod 1977, is named after the release year of the original Star Wars.
- The firing channel shot of the ion cannon is a nod to the shot design of the Death Star firing in Episode IV.