- This page is about the first season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. You may be looking for the first season of Star Wars: Clone Wars.
- "Their galaxy isn't far, far away any more!"
- ―Cartoon Network's tagline for Season 1
The first season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars consists of twenty-two episodes. It debuted with "Ambush" and "Rising Malevolence" on October 3, 2008 on Cartoon Network, and concluded with "Hostage Crisis" on March 20, 2009.
As war rages through the galaxy, the heroic Jedi, including Yoda, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and newcomer Ahsoka Tano, fight to maintain order and restore peace. Meanwhile, the Separatists, led by Count Dooku, his assassin Asajj Ventress and the evil General Grievous, plot to defeat the Republic and gain control.
The first season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars debuted with a one-hour special consisting of "Ambush" and "Rising Malevolence" on October 3, 2008 on Cartoon Network, followed by weekly airings occurring on Fridays. It went on mid-season break after "Lair of Grievous" on December 12, 2008.
The season returned with "Dooku Captured" on January 2, 2009. A one-hour special consisting of "Blue Shadow Virus" and "Mystery of a Thousand Moons" aired on February 13, 2009. It concluded with "Hostage Crisis" on March 20, 2009.
Behind the scenes
- Ahsoka Tano's debut and Rotta the Hutt's storyline were originally planned to air on Season 1 as four separate episodes, but they were instead edited into the Star Wars: The Clone Wars film.
- Main article: Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One
Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One is a three-disc Blu-ray/four-disc DVD box set released on November 3, 2009. It includes:
- 22 action-packed episodes including 7 Director's Cut episodes
- 22 behind-the-scenes featurettes with director and crew interviews
- Exclusive 64-page production journal with original sketches and artist notes
- Sneak peek at Season 2
- Jedi Temple Archives: An extensive database of early test animation, concept art and 3-D turnarounds