- This page is about the second season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. You may be looking for the second season of Star Wars: Clone Wars.
The second season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, subtitled Rise of the Bounty Hunters, consists of twenty-two episodes. It debuted with "Holocron Heist" and "Cargo of Doom" on October 2, 2009 on Cartoon Network, and concluded with "R2 Come Home" and "Lethal Trackdown" on April 30, 2010.
As the fight for peace plunges further into the galaxy, the heroic Jedi are faced with all new dangers! Never-before-seen creatures pose new threats and create further chaos during the intensifying Clone Wars. Adding to the turmoil, bounty hunter Cad Bane steals valuable Jedi secrets, a mind-controlling queen creates an indestructible army, the giant Zillo Beast terrorizes Coruscant, and a young Boba Fett seeks out revenge!
The second season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars debuted with a one-hour special consisting of "Holocron Heist" and "Cargo of Doom" on October 2, 2009 on Cartoon Network, followed by weekly airings occurring on Fridays. "Landing at Point Rain" aired as a special presentation on November 4, 2009, a Wednesday, before re-airing at its regular time on November 6, 2009. It went on mid-season break after "Brain Invaders" on December 4, 2009.
The season returned with a one-hour special consisting of "Grievous Intrigue" and "The Deserter" on January 1, 2010. It concluded with a final one-hour special consisting of "R2 Come Home" and "Lethal Trackdown" on April 30, 2010.
- Main article: Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Two
Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Two is a three-disc Blu-ray/four-disc DVD box set released on October 26, 2010. It includes:
- 22 action-packed episodes
- 4 behind-the-scenes featurettes with director and crew interviews
- Exclusive 68-page production journal with original sketches and artist notes
- Jedi Temple Archives: An extensive database of early test animation, concept art & 3-D turnarounds