| More to add, have you?
It is requested that this article/section of an article be expanded. Once the article contains more information, this template will be removed.
- "Arrogance diminishes wisdom."
- ―Jedi Fortune Cookie
While investigating the disappearance of a clone security force, Anakin and Obi-Wan get caught in the middle of an escalating conflict between the furry territorial inhabitants of a desolate ice world and the greedy representatives of a nearby moon.
SynopsisAnakin and Obi-Wan investigated the mysterious disappearance of a base they built on Orto Plutonia. They find a Separatist base not far from their own. They eventually find a Talz village and they communicate with them. The Jedi tell them that they will leave them in peace, but Chairman Chi Cho has a different idea. He proclaims war on the Talz, because of his position. He gets injured and Senator Riyo Chuchi gets permission from the Speaker of the Assembly to put down the Chairman's order. The chairman tells Senator Chuchi to kill them, but she says no. She goes out to the Talz attack force and negotiates peace with them with no help from the Jedi.
Created and Executive Produced by
Original Star Wars Themes and Score by
- Anakin Skywalker
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Riyo Chuchi (First appearance)
- Chi Cho (First appearance)
- Thi-Sen (First appearance)
- Medcha Wanto (First appearance)
- Narglatch (First appearance)
- Dave Filoni stated in an interview that the visuals for Orto Plutonia's environment were black and white photocopies that George Lucas made of the Badlands, saying that the stark contrasts were what he was looking for in depicting the ice planet. Ralph McQuarrie's paintings for Hoth concepts were then applied to the design process for the episode, but without the blue saturation of color. The stylized ice landscapes were patterned after McQuarrie's original vision of an ice planet. The snow in the episode is a very much a part of the emotional tone of the story. Joel Aron developed the different densities and types of snow to parallel the moods of the story, including the moment that, when Chuchi "buries the hatchet" with the Talz leader, the blizzard breaks and the snow drifts very gently down.